We are exceptionally committed to this community and that’s why we want you to read the guidelines and stick to them. We work with the following rules as an all-inclusive women-only community:
- The platform restricts membership to females only, which includes cisgender and transgender women and also to non-binary folks.
NO SELF PROMOTION
- Promotion of your business/product is not allowed unless it’s related to women empowerment.
- No activity of selling products.
- Posting promotional, affiliate and malicious links in post and comments will lead to permanent removal from the community.
- Don’t ask members to write a review of your website/business/product.
USE OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- The primary language for communication in the group is English.
SEARCH IN GOOGLE AND GROUP BEFORE ASKING QUESTION
- Search the previous posts of the group before asking any question, see if your question has been already answered
- Perform the search on Google for your question and see if you get an answer from there. If it doesn’t work then share your question on the group with the links you’ve followed already.
- If your question is previously answered, then admin will share a link of that post and close-off further commenting.
- Admin will tag appropriate persons to answer your question. And you can also tag any group member to do so.
- Simple and redundant questions will not be answered and may be deleted by admin.
- It is highly recommended to use relevant hashtags in your post.
- Keep in mind that a lot of questions may have already been answered, so use the search button wisely.
POST CONTENT RELATED TO WITPK’S MISSION
- Ask questions, talk freely about issues, seek advice and opportunities, find mentors and form collaborations with each other.
- Discuss the cultural issues faced by women and devise strategies for a collaborative effort towards creating a more diversified and accepting environment for women technologists.
- Share job posting, internship and freelance opportunities, events/conferences/seminars/boot camp for women, meetups, and your success stories.
- The community respects the privacy of its members who can request publication of queries as anonymous posts. Send in your requests and questions with the subject or tagline #AnonymousPost to any of our moderators or admins; rest assured that it will be posted anonymously.
USE DESCRIPTIVE WRITING
- Write your questions/issue thoroughly and mention all links, screenshots to support your argument. The problem or issue must be clearly depicted.
- If in any case, the question is not clear, it is most likely to get deleted/muted by admin.
RESPECT EVERYONE’S PRIVACY AND TRUST
- Being part of this group requires mutual trust.
- Authentic, expressive discussions make groups educational, helpful and constructive, but all conversation is deemed sensitive and private to be viewed by members only.
- What is shared within the community/group should stay within the confines of WomenInTechPK group/community/conversations.
- Screenshots and sharing conversations with anyone outside the community counts as a breach of trust.
BE KIND AND COURTEOUS
- Each member of the WomenInTechPK community is responsible for creating a warm, engaging environment.
- Our community ethos is to treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness and respect is a pre-requisite to participate in any conversation.
- Ridicule, patronizing and/or use of abusive language is strictly prohibited.
- Bullying of any kind isn’t allowed, and degrading comments about things such as race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, political affiliations, physical appearance, gender or identity will not be tolerated.
NO POSTS RELATED TO ASSIGNMENTS, REPORT OR THESIS WRITING
- WomenInTechPK vehemently discourages plagiarism of any kind and therefore prohibits any post related to academic assignments, reports or thesis writing. These engagements are not only against the academic pledge of honesty; they are also unethical and in most countries, including Pakistan, deemed illegal.
REFERRING YOUR BUSINESS IN DISCUSSION
- You are allowed to mention the links of your (business/websites/product) relevant to the discussion.
- You can give reference of your (products/service/website/business) to support answer for any issue/question. You must add a disclaimer that you work at XYZ and share its link. Make sure that it doesn’t sound like a promotion.
- Likewise, you can directly answer any issue belonging to your business or domain. And tag your friends.
- Spamming includes posting a single event/article/query multiple times, irrelevant links/videos/questions, asking for liking pages, posting pictures of products/services to sell, etc.
- Any item or piece of news that you share must be relevant to the tech arena and should be helpful to the group in general. If it is not, please refrain from posting it.
RESPECT PROFESSIONALS AND VALUE THEIR TIME
- Don’t expect professional to give you free service. Give value to their time. They can share advice but don’t expect them to give a reply to all queries and no private message in this case.
- You can hire them if you need more help/service.
ONLY LEGAL QUERIES
- Don’t ask about (pirated/crack) software or anything illegal in the group. Admin will delete all discussion referring to this topic. Moreover, you can share a link of relevant free software or resources.
ADMIN ACTION IF YOU DON’T FOLLOW GROUPS’ RULES
If in any case you don’t follow group rules or break rules intentionally/unintentionally, you will face the following consequences:
- Remove from community
- Muted for some time
- Banned from the group
- Admin will delete your post/comment
Admin and Moderator reserve the right to remove you from the community without warning and with/without cause. Please do not send inbox messages to the admin team to put you back into the group. If you have strong arguments that you didn’t break rules only then you can contact admin with supportive evidence.
*Note: The community rules and membership criteria are subject to change without notice.